Saturday 22 September 2007

Psycademy Spritual Development Events





For those closest to me, you will already know that I have always been interested in spiritual matters. Having lost a mum when I was very young, who was very interested in such things, I have long held an interest in having my cards read or my 'fortune' told.

Last year, my health was making life difficult, and having started practising the work that I now preach, I found myself drawn to Psycademy, run by a fabulous lady called Lisa Turner! Having met her and been inspired by her, I instantly knew that I needed to know more about this side of life.

For the past 10 years, since my divorce, I have been 'sorting' myself out, looking for something and having addressed much of the mental turmoil, and some of the emotional stuff from that time, my physical and spiritual wellbeing needing addressing. ( I am a Libran, and having balance in our lives is something we constantly strive for!)

I had a 'Breakthrough' session with Lisa in January regarding weight, poor health and sudden energy losses that just left me exhausted in front of the tele at a weekend. This 'Breakthrough' session turned out to be a real turning point for me - I signed up for her Spiritual and Psychic practitioner course and I have not looked back!!

For those of you who are pooh poohing all this as nonsense, I completely understand, I too would have said the same, even a few years ago, however, there are some really valuable practices, that we as human beings seem to have lost in our evolutionary journey.

One of the biggest benefits I have picked up (and let me tell you there are many), I have found that meditating on a regular basis has added a sense of calm to my life, that I honestly have not experienced before. Taking time out to focus on you, the real you, the internal you, is one of the best habits you can learn. Even if it is just for 5 minutes a day, this small amount of time where you focus on say your breathing, an image, or just daydream and allowing your mind to just switch off for a few minutes, is incredibly powerful.

The one thing that clearly drew me to Lisa is her practical and pragmatic approach to spiritual way of being - she uses her previous life as a technical engineer to explain how it works, her no- nonsense approach weaves in key elements of NLP (responsiblity, cause and effect & perception is projection) to demonstrate how we create much of what we experience.

So when Lisa said she was going to run development evenings to build upon what we already knew, plus extras - I did not hesitate. After one of these evenings, I always feel on a bit of a high and this week was no different! I have had a busy few weeks, as you can see from the earlier entries to my blog, and I was feeling quite weary - however, after being at this event - I became fully awake and alert! Woohoo!!

I would highly recommend some time with Lisa if this is something you are interested in!

No comments: