Saturday 22 September 2007

Dinner with Davina!



Last week I wrote about going to a charity summar ball in aid of the Touching Tiny Lives campaign - what I hadn't realised was, I was supporting another event for the same thing!

On Friday, Wendy and I had booked to go along to the Dinner with Davina in Southampton and apart from the problem with parking, as a result of the Boat Show (plan to get there next year!), we had a brilliant time!

We were on a table of about 10 other ladies, and we got chatting to them all. One of the ladies on our table, had her daughter with her and she had been chosen to present a bouguet to Davina after the lunch and auctions (more about that soon!) her mum was telling us that she had been born at 26 weeks in Spain, and through the work of action medical research, she had survived and grown into this beautiful, healthy young woman!

The lunch was fab (well done the De Vere!), and once that was over, the auctions and raffle took place. After my experience last week, I decided that I would still keep a budget for my auctioning, but this time I had increased it a bit, as I bid for the opportunity to go out on a power speed boat experience! I nearly got it at £300, however, just as the auctioneer was going to say 'gone to the lady over here', someone upped it!! Fortunately, it was still within my budget and so I kept going - however, once again it went above what I had set myself.....b*gger!

Still, they raised lots of money for the charity, which is the main thing.

As we got up to leave, we were lucky enough to get a picture with Davina who was absolutely fab!

Oh and just as a footnote, we had an advert in the programme, which as a result, we have asked to become involved next year - you bet!!

No comments: