Thursday 30 August 2007

Fun in the Sun!





I can't believe where the week has gone! Or how the weather keeps changing!

This time last week, Wendy and I were at a polo game, which was a first for us both.

We were invited by one of our friends, a lovely lady called Katherine Seal of Seal Events who was sponsoring the event. She also provided lovely food through her other company Limefooddesign.co.uk.

We met up with another of our good friend's Kelly Stevens of the thewomensnetworkingcompany.co.uk. and Wendy and I had no idea what to expect.

I was pleasantly surprised that the game was very entertaining, particularly when the horses came thundering past within feet of where we were sitting. The rules completely escaped me, however, one of the players told me that it was similar to the rules of the road, and involved hitting the ball down the line on the right...so that helped!

I was driving on the day, so I was not drinking, which meant Wendy could! Bless her by the end of the day, the sun had got to her, as she was feeling slightly wobbly and by the time she got home, distinctly unwell! AW alright, she had a little too much to drink! However, she is always good for a laugh,even when sober just more so, when a little inebriated!! As you can see from these pictures, we all had a fantastic time! Although whether Wendys' head realised that once she got home......

If you ever need catering for a corporate or social event or want to organise a corporate event, then Katherine is the person to contact.

And if you are in business for yourself and want a great networking group - check out the womensnetworkingcompany, as Kelly keeps the meetings lively by inviting interesting guest speakers!

As regards the polo day - I think it is well worth going along and just giving it a go! I had made it part of my personal goals to attend all the social events in the summer, and this is just another tick in the box!!

No comments: